Friday 17 March 2017

Learning the ways of the laser cutter

We were sent across the college to laser cut our silhouettes out to see how they would work. While making out silhouettes we had to be cautious on how to laid out our work. For example you could not have a bit of card floating with everything around it cut without it joining to the outer border. When I first created my draft I found it hard to follow this rule. Sometimes forgetting that I had to do it so before we set out to cut the silhouette I had to do a few last minute adjustments to make sure that everything wouldn't fallout. However this did happen due to me not being able to use the program properly. I would later learn how to correctly use the program for my second draft.

After laser cutting my silhouette I found that there were a lot of things that needed improving so I decided to completely start my design from the beginning. This was partly because my last minute changes I made to my silhouette did not really work well with the laser cut and also because there were a lot of places where the cut was too minuet for the laser to cut properly. My design also I think would work better if the silhouette was flipped so the cut is the fill and vice versa. Also the cloud does not seem to be easily identifiable and I believe that I will be able to make a better version where everything is more clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment