Thursday 16 March 2017

Audience and how my book will cater to them

In my past blog post I talked a bit about my audience and how I wanted my book to shape around them. A quick reminder that I will be aiming my book towards, young children ages 6-10. I feel like this a nice age range for my book and I think this is the range of people that will appreciate the story and the shadow book the most. 

Bed time stories are very important when it comes to growing up as a child. I did a bit of research and found out that regularly reading a story with your child can; open the Doorway to writing, establishes a habit, show your child right and wrong, encourages love for reading, creates a bond and cultivates imagination. There is no real downside to reading with your child and I think that having a shadow book and being able to read this to or along with your child can be a great way of engaging them while still managing to do all of the things stated above. 

Some children however do not enjoy reading and find it a bit of a chore to do. The book that I am creating should at least spark interest and may be a good way of introducing children to reading. My book is going to have very little words and is going to be straight to the point once again implying that this will not be your usual story time book but may be a way to introduce children to reading. I will also have to make sure that the words are not too complicated and are easy to explain to a child, I think making the book only have simple words would not be very interesting and would not really stretch the child mind. Having a few harder words mixed in will no only help the child with learning new words but will also allow the child to gain a bond with their parent. 

My book will be quite large at a A4 size, this is so the image can be shown as well as the text on the same page. The text will be large so that it is easy to read through the shadow. This will allow children and parents to go along and read the letters together. The letters are quite clear but some are might be hard to distinguish compare again others. I might have to alter the letters a tad just to make them more easy to read. For children who cannot read having a large image will mean that they can just look at the pictures and understand the story that way. People without a light at hand will still be able to read through the book no problem, they will just not get the full effect that the book has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment