Sunday 31 January 2016

Designing my own toy & Looking at illusions

Todays lesson started off with Steve showing the class some classic optical illusions. To give us some inspiration for when it came to designing my construction toy.
Image result for impossible triangle

Some of these illusions were very hard to get our heads around and some were impossible to replicate in real life. Some of the illusions we looked at included the; penrose triangle, Blivet and the impossible cube. We came to the conclusion that most of these illusions had a lot to do with angles and the positioning of the shapes and this was the reason why the shapes could not be replicated.

Later on in the lesson Steve introduced us to our next project, this project was about creating our own construction toy. Steve showed us some very famous toys from that past to give us an idea on what we could make for our toy. I decided to use shapes that could connect to one another through the use of magnets. We only had time to briefly thing about our idea but I was certain that was the way I was going to go when making my toy. 

1 comment: