Monday 11 January 2016

Claymation

For this lesson I was not present however I have looked back at some of my colleges blogs to find out what was covered in the lesson.

Claymation is where a object is made out of clay and is taken a photo of each time it moves to create the illusion that it is moving by itself and is alive.

Examples of the use of claymation:

Morph

Morph was originally created for the TV progress, 'SMart' this show was about creating this and being artistic. Morph was in some of the episodes for the program for short one minute snippets. Morph was created by Aardman Animations who have worked on other popular claymation's including; 'Wallace and Gromit' and 'Pirates'. Two very successful claymations. Morph is about a little plasticine model who came to life when no there was no one around (Quite a childlike theme) this created the illusion that Morph was magical. The little shorts would consist of Morph doing different things. Morph would also interact with items that were not made out of clay, this really added to the artistic desk vibe. I use to watch Morph when I was a child and I use to really enjoy it, it's one of the things that I can remember watching when I was growing up so it differently had a big impact on me because I enjoyed it so much. 

Darkness Light Darkness by Jan Scankmajer

This mini film showed a single hand being formed into an entire human using clay. The whole film gives of quite a creeply little vibe and lives you feeling unsettled. The mini film starts with a single hand that finds other body parts through out the film, each time the body part finds another body part we are given a small segment or introduction on how the body part is found. This add suspence in some places where we hear banging on the door and the whole room shakes, leaves the audience wondering who is on the other side of the door. It was a very creative idea and I like the concept I thought that the setting fit well with this as well. The claymation was superbly done and when the hands formed the other body parts it looked very smooth and realistic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment