Wednesday 21 October 2015

My Interpretation of Data

This week we were set the task to make our own infographic posters using what we had learnt from last weeks lesson. He had to use the information gathered from last weeks questions to construct a poster showing the data. We also had to stick to three triad colours, we did this because it gave us a chance to show that we understood the different colour harmonies. I decided to pick 3 colours that were quite out of the ordinary because if I were to choose the generic red, yellow, blue then it would come across as very unprofessional and unoriginal. The colours seemed to fit together nicely and made the poster look very appealing to the eye while still being clear.

The results were given to us in percentages so I took inspiration from one of the posters we looked at last week and decided to use an image that was relevant to the data I was showing and cut it into percentages that showed the data. It was quite hard to use a pencil to show the data so I decided to use a stereotypical teachers hat, it ended up working quite well and I was very proud with how it turned out. I decided to use the rope for the hat as the divider and it ended up looking very interesting and did not look like it was just added for no real reason. I gad to make some estimates on where I thought the rope would go but it looked like they all fit and made sense with the data. My poster can be seen below.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, this is one of the more effective designs and you have understood extracting data, as opposed to just repeating it. Keep it up. Good blogging as well.

    ReplyDelete