Sunday 11 October 2015

Peer Assessments and Mini Film

Why are Peer Assessments important?

Peer Assessments are where you grade another peer's piece of work based on the mark schemes. This allows the person grading your work to think hard about whether you have reached the right standards. Additionally the person grading your work gains a clearer understanding on what they have to do to meet their target meaning that they will produce better work. Having class mates peer assess each other means that feedback can be given back to the students at a quicker rate.

When marking someone else's work you need to look very closely to see if what they have wrote and the information is correct. Peer assessing improves this skill and will help you be more aware of what you are writing/doing. Peer assessments always provide good feedback that can be used to improve their work.

Mini Film

We had also got set the task to use some clips and make them into a mini film. These clips were not set in any particular order and did not have a lot of good audio, also we did not make these clips so we did not know the story behind what was going on. This gave us a chance to make our own small stories and show them to the rest of the group. It also allowed us to improve out editing skills, which I could do with! We had to cut parts out, mute the audio and change the angles at certain points meaning that we had to group all of our knowledge from the past lessons into one film.

In the opening of my scene, I switched to different angles to show how time had went by. I thought that this worked well and help the audience to understand that he was waiting at the bench for a long period of time. While the characters were talking I used the over the shoulder shot, I used this because it allows the audience to see the characters faces and their emotions. I also switched shoulders to the character that was getting spoken to so the audience could see there reaction. When one of the characters took away the other characters umbrella I decided to go back to my original shot and zoom out, so that it could be seen clearly and it gave an indication that something was going to happen.

After using all of my new knowledge to create this mini film I found out that I still struggle at trying to find the right sound/soundtrack to fit with a particular setting/scene. When it comes to shots and angles I feel like I am getting better with this and am getting the hang of it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment