Friday 12 February 2016

Peer Assessment

Cold Fusion - Jules Webb

I really enjoyed Jules film I thought that was very inventive and it had a very interesting concept. All of the camera angles and transitions were perfect and the fit with the films vibe. The film gave off a very spooky vibe and left me wondering what would happen next, straight from the get go you can already see that something is up with the first character and I think that was a very effective way to start the film. Also at the end of the film when it comes back to the same character and we see that he is clearly feeling uneasy allows the audience to relate with that character and think that they are not the only one that doesn't feel happy about what they just saw.

I liked the way that the camera effects in premiere made the camera look like it was a camera from a long time ago to fit with the time setting that it was based in. However the appearance of the news presenter did not fit with the time setting and kind of ruined that segment of the film. The brackets to the light and to the right became bigger and smaller at times and did not stay the same size, its such a small almost un-noticeable part but it ended up becoming quite apparent to me at times. For some reason the so brackets disappear for the final scene when they were present for the first, I don't know if this was down to the first scene being in the past and the last scene in the future but maybe this could have been something that could have been made more aware to the audience.

Rory's Evaluation based on my Production

I really liked the choice in music because it fit with the whole theme of the film. The narrative of the whole piece was very interesting and I enjoyed how it all came together. There could have a bigger variety of shots in each scene, some of the scenes looked a bit bare with only one or two shots throughout the whole thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment