Thursday 27 April 2017

The second day of shooting the instructional video

Final YouTube Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEEolv6djlo

So, today was not a good day for shooting, my friend had told me that he did not want to continue helping me with the video so I was really stuck with how I could finish it in as quick a time as possible. Luckily, my Mum was about to help me in my time of need but she however, really did not want to be in the video and that was fine. Due to this, there was only one other job she could do...filming! I had doubts that her camera skills were even as good as mine, and mine were not the best! I had to make sure before every shot, that things were focused properly and that the lighting was good, however I believe that some shots were not the best. 

Obviously, with my friend being the star yesterday and me having to take his place, the continuity of the video was not good. I am sad that he would not budge from his motion and it was too late to take part what we had already built. This was a big problem that we ran in to throughout the process of making the piece of furniture but thankfully, we managed to recover in a lot of stages.

Things today were a lot more straightforward when it came to shooting. We got the exact shots we wanted, we took a step back at times and thought about better approaches to make the video simpler for people to understand.  Furthermore, we had the right tools for the job and this allowed everything to run as smoothly as possible.  Despite today being much more positive and successful, we did run into some problems and get a bit stuck when building the product, once again showing that it is not so easy to build your own furniture.

We did manage to wrap everything up today and I am very proud of that.  I am a day behind but still doing great and this is why I set up a few days extra, just in case things did not go to plan.  Foreseeing and planning for potential problems/setbacks is so important to ensure that things like this don't suddenly have a domino effect and end in disaster. I am really happy with the footage we got and I am sure that tomorrow I will have fun editing it all together. Overall, the whole shooting phase was not what I had planned it to be from the very start but I believe that in some places it is better than I had envisaged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment