Thursday 27 April 2017

The first day of shooting the instructional video

So today was the first real day where I began making my product. Like I have stated before, I really want to get all of the content for the site out of the way first so that when I start to create my site, everything just falls into place. It also means that I have enough time to plan and get more content in the future if needed. Camera work is not my area of expertise as I have mentioned in the past, so I really wanted to take some time before we actually started shooting the video, to make sure that I knew how to operate the camera well. I got to grips with how the camera worked relatively quickly and I also got a chance to move around lighting to make sure that the area that I wanted to be shown and the objects that I wanted to be focused on, were well lit up. I believe that I did not get it perfect and I did run into a bit of trouble setting up one of the cameras, resulting in one looking a bit more dull than the other.


I had already purchased the piece of furniture that I was going to construct. I decided to get a piece of furniture that looked relatively hard but at the same time a product that looked quite popular, that a lot of people may or will own in the future. I believe I was successful at this, there were a lot of parts and a vast amount of steps to building the furniture. So, today we began building the product once we had our test with the camera and set everything up to what we thought was a professional standard. 

My friend, who was the star of the video, ended up leaving early which impacted my initial plan to get this all done by the end of the day.  Due to this, things did not work out well and we will have to bring the next shoot to tomorrow. When building the product, we really struggled, we ran into many problems and actually got stuck for the good part of half an hour - it really shows that even people from our age range struggle at this sort of thing. We also did not have the correct tools for the job.  We believed, along with everyone else who I had asked, that we did not actually need any of our own tools to make the furniture and that everything we needed, would be in the box.  However, we were all wrong!  We actually needed a screw driver for quite a lot of parts plus, I believe that if I had a video to follow, I would not have made the mistakes that we made today.

I got some great shots today and I am really happy with how it turned out. Hopefully tomorrow we can finish the shoot and not run into anywhere near the amount of problems that we ran in to today.

No comments:

Post a Comment