Friday 28 April 2017

Making my website Day 2

Link to Time-Lapes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTED1coB9po

So far I am continuing to make my website from what I have done yesterday and I feel like I am getting to grips with the software now. Today, I focused on some of the more text heavy and widget heavy pages. 

The pages were quite short but were vital to the site and I am glad that I did those pages first. One of the pages that I did was the 'about us' page - probably one of the most important and major pages on any site. It allows the user to find out what the site is about and for my site specifically, it tells the user how things work. On the 'about' page, I talked about the site itself and also talked a lot about how the forum works. I believe that the audience that I am focusing on for my site might not have used a forum before so I decided to break it down for them. I also talk about the advantages of taking part in a forum and a few of the plans for the site in the future. The project is all about me showing my idea and the plans that I have for it. I think placing a few of my goals for the site for the future on the 'about us' page is a great place to put this. 

I also did the contact us page as I thought that my website might need it because of how social it could be. This is a place where people can contact me about disturbances going on in the forum, grammatical errors on product pages, problems with video animation and errors around the site. I think users will really appreciate that this is on the website. They might have a few problems and knowing that they will get their voice heard and will be able to get a response in a quick amount of time, will greatly increase their happiness when using the site. I also added a few social media links that they can use to contact us as well. This will not only be on the 'about us' page but will be on the footer so that people are constantly reminded that we have social media that they can follow to keep up to date with the site. 

Overall, I think that today was a very productive day. I found some more pages that I could include on my site that before starting the productive work I had no idea I needed. I am also very happy with these two pages - I am happy with the content I included on both of them and I am happy with how the pages look.

Tomorrow I have plans to make the more content heavy pages, these might be hard jobs, however I have a lot of ideas to make the pages a lot more interesting and engaging. Hopefully tomorrow I can also figure out how to fix my main page, I am still having a bit of trouble with it but I might look at some video tutorials to see how to resolve the problems, I might also learn some new skills while doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment