Thursday 6 April 2017

How useful was my research?

I found my research to be very useful, it gave me great insight into the sort of audience I am aiming for and it also gave me some great ideas on how I am going to set up my inter website.

What I learned from my research and what could I have done better? 

Throughout my research I was constantly coming up with new ideas that I could do to make my website more interesting. 

One major idea was the review system.  Initially, I had no plans to put this on my website but after looking at competitor sites and seeing their missed opportunities, I realised that it would be a great idea to add it to my site. Including videos was another big feature. I mainly got this idea from looking at the websites that I looked at in Unit 12. Once again, I came up with this while doing my research, I am so glad I came up with the idea because it allows me to increase my skills in filming. I also came up with the R&U system, this wasn't included on the websites that I looked at however while I was submitting my survey to Reddit, I looked at the voting system and this struck inspiration.

This and the many other ideas that I had come up with could not have been realised unless I did the amount of valuable research that I did. I feel like I have benefited massively from my research and this just shows how important it is to carry out a lot of research even if you believe that it might not be all that useful. 

I think one area that could've been better is my interview, I felt like there was not much content in this area. the answers that I got were helpful but I would've liked to get a little more detail and maybe some other options.

Conclusion

All the research I have done into my audience has helped me out massively. At the start of the project, I believed that the main type of people the website will appeal to will be students who are maybe at university or just moving into their new home. People like this usually have very little knowledge about making things and may find reading instructions challenging or too time consuming.

However, from my research, I have found out that I should be aiming my website towards older adults, 20-40 because making your own furniture provided by companies is meant to be easy to understand and people from the younger generation usually do not struggle with this. People who are ages 20-40 struggle more, this may be because they buy more complex products from around the world than teens and university students would.

I also found out that I should be aiming my website more towards females because from the information that I had got from my survey, I found that females almost always run into a few problems while men,not so many. People who buy these sorts of products also usually have little to no skills in building things and people who do, usually just make the things they want without needing help or guidance. This once again, further backs up why I should make my website easy to understand. Places like ‘Ikea’ sell items that are quite low budget so I will be appealing to the middle-class/ slightly lower class region.

No comments:

Post a Comment