Sunday 17 April 2016

The Effectiveness of Primary and Secondary Research

If I had not done my research I don't think my work would have been as good. My website would not appeal to the audience that I am trying to appeal to, this wouldn't be good because if you don't appeal to a target audience then people can be confused with a lot of different elements and may not stay on your website for a long time.

Primary research is effective because it allowed me to find the specific information I needed for the task, where as Secondary you can find out the facts from the professionals and can find out information that you my not be able to conduct on your own. So by doing my own primary research I could ensure that I would get reliable/useful information. I was missing some information that I needed so I proceeded in doing my own primary research. I also got a chance to look at charity website designs and evaluated them so I could get a good idea on what I wanted my website to look like. I also made my own questionnaire that people could answer, this allowed me to find out what the audience want when they are looking for my type of website.
I needed to find out information from the young adult - teenage range and that exactly what I got due to my friends ages. The secondary research could have been done a long time ago, but this was useful to find out because I could look at the many articles and books and find out when it was published so I could find out what has changed from people knowledge on the disease. I also could check whether or not the information I was looking at was reliable.


No comments:

Post a Comment