Wednesday 10 May 2017

Making my website Day 3

Link to Time-Lapes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9lEiKGn6U8

So, day 3 was probably one of the best days I have had so far. It had been quite a while since day 2 and in between this time I decided to look at my scheme in lesson and try and find one that really suited the theme. 

So, I came up with a few colours that seemed to compliment each other well. I really liked these colours, the yellow and the dark blue really stand out and was great for pointing out things that the user needs to look at. They really did do their job as well.  After I had finished what I did today, I showed my friends the website and asked them what they looked at first and they all said that they looked at the things that were either yellow and dark blue. The light grey looks really nice as well against white and this is the colour that I was going to use behind my content. I decided to do this first when I started and I really like the overall look of everything - it really brings life to the site and I am happy that I made the change. I also changed the colours on the logo (as you can see above) and once again, I think the logo looks ten times better than it did before.

I also decided to tackle another page today.  I really wanted to get the the product pages done now that I had a great colour scheme and I had the content for both pages. These pages were going to take a bit longer than the other pages because they had the most content on them. I really wanted to nail these pages, they are really important to the site and will be the place that people will probably be directed to if they were to google the name of the product that they wanted instructions for. I am really happy with how these pages look as they are both really easy to read and provide some great information. 

For my images I used one of the photos from my house while the other image I used was IKEA POÄNG Chair (Kan WuI, 2012) had got from another source. This was because I could not get my own image and this image worked well with the other images on the site.


I also decided to add a forum part to my homepage so I could get in the right mindset for tomorrow. I think that it works well on my home page as people might just want to visit the site to see how their post is doing or how other posts are doing and if this is on the homepage, this means that they can get to the forum as fast as possible, while still being able to see other more resent posts since their last visit.

Bibliography:

POÄNG Chair source: Kan Wu (2012) IKEA POÄNG Chair. [Digital] Flickr. Available at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/alunwk/7285058338/in/photostream/ (Accessed 24 April 2017).

No comments:

Post a Comment