Friday 5 May 2017

Making my website Day 1

Link to Time-Lapes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxP4hMZywu0

So, this was the first time ever using muse and I felt like I was ready to start using the software. I decided to watch the video that I talked about in my Research in Web design blog just to familiarize myself. 

First off I designed the header, I thought that this was very important to do first due to it being the main navigation around the site. I also added the colour scheme I talked about in my How did my timetable for the holidays go? blog to my website. To be honest, I was not overly fond of the look of the colours I used, however once I started using Muse I just really wanted to get my ideas, that I was coming up with, on the page. I knew that I would have to come back to the colour scheme at a later date. I tried to see if I could put the hamburger menu on my site but while I was about to do this, I decided that it didn't really fit with the theme of the site and so I put a normal menu bar on the page instead.

I briefly worked on my front page but I only added the initial main image and the logo to the page because I knew that below this, I would have to put images and links to other pages that weren't made yet. After this I went on to a page that was quite easy to make and I wanted to do this so I could get to grips with Muse. I think this was a good idea because after I made the 'log in' and 'sign up' page, I understood everything pretty well, I knew how to layout pages so that they all looked the same and I knew where to put colours for certain things. For example, I would use the red colour for things that were very important and use the cream colours for things that were still important but not as important as the things that were red. 

I also made the footer and when I was making this, I realised that I really didn't have a whole lot of pages meaning that I would have to include more. I decided to look at other websites to find out the sorts of pages that they include. Doing this at the start meant that I could get a good understanding on the sorts of pages that I will have to add. I decided to look at an article titled, '24 Essential Pages To Include On Your Website'. On this page, I got a lot of ideas for pages that would suit my website so I decided to add them to my footer. This made my website look a lot busier. I also have plans to add social icons to the footer so people can quickly get to our social media. 

Bibliography: Websites 4 Small Business (2016), 24 Essential Pages To Include On Your Website Available at: http://www.web4business.com.au/resources/articles/24-essential-pages-to-include-on-your-website/ [Accessed: 24 April 2017].

No comments:

Post a Comment