Friday 9 December 2016

1960s Vietnam War


Today we were set the test to create our own two page anti war newsheet. We were given a set of photos that we were allowed to include in our piece and were told that we had to stick with 2 colour only throughout both of the pages.


The task was set to test how quickly we can make something with limited time and to improve our skills with Indesign. I think that for the time that we had I made a pretty good anti war newsheet. It was laid out well, had just the right amount of pictures that portrayed what was being talked about in the article very well.

I also felt like I used the 1 colour very effectively to highlight the most important part in the photo, for example I used the yellow to give a bit more light on the napalm gas that was in the photo. Doing this I feel gives the photo a bit more life that it would just keeping it black and white. I also sketched out the shot of a gun to make the photo look a bit more interesting and to show the audience what happened after the photo was shortly taken. I also divided the picture into three parts so that I could still show the whole photo but taking out all of the parts that were not needed. It also made the page look a bit more stylish, like there were three windows across the page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment