Friday 25 November 2016

Research (Moodboard and Sketchbook work)

Today we were given the brief for our new project and were told a little bit more information on what we could do for our projects. I decided to choose music for my project because I find 60s music to be very interesting and I believe that it had a very big impact on the culture back then. When we went to London and looked at the 60s expedition the other day, I felt like I learned quite a lot on how everything was presented back then and I think that I can do something good with this.

So I decided to look at some of the magazines that were music focused back then. One of the most well known music magazines was the magazine 'Rave'. It was quite costly for their times however it included about 60 A4 pages with quite a lot of the pages coloured. This was out of the ordinary back then due to magazine run costly a fair amount of money, especially A4. The front covers to the 'Rave' magazines really do show how high quality they are, the photos all look very professional with almost all covers trying out new techniques in design. I also like how the pictures used are not psychedelic, It looks like the magazine is trying to prove a point and not follow society, once again this shows how high quality this magazine really is.

I think when I create my magazine I will definitely follow the same sort of design that is used in 'Rave' because it works well and  can do a whole lot more that what a psychedelic drawing could ever really do, for example allowing the audience to be able to connect with the singer by using a picture of the singer looking at the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment