Wednesday 11 November 2015

How I came up with the design for my board game

Our board game has to appeal to people between the ages of 14-21 year old, we had to try and find a design, colour scheme and font for our board game that the sort of age group would like. We had to try and find common interests that this sort of age group are into and incorporate it into our game.

Simplistic looks seem to be very popular at the moment, 'Google' had recently changed their logo to a more simple look, completely getting rid of the serif they use to have on there logo and making the whole text more round. Apple also had an update to their IOS that simplified the icons making it look nicer on the eye and more presentable. These are two companies that are used mainly by the people I am aiming my game at, both of these changes hasn't caused any sort of uproar because most people have actually liked how these changes look. Clothing sites like; River Island, Hollister and Topman all have a sort of grid design on their website that makes it easy to find where everything is. None of them were overly complicated when it comes to their web design and I think this is another factor that I have to take into account when making my board game.


The simplistic look is something I want to achieve in my work because I know it is something people in my age range like and it also looks very eye catching. Adding simplicity to my board game is something that I has worked with other companies and I think it will work with my game. Having an overly complicated looking game may make people turn away from my board game and not show any interest in it. People always say that teenagers are lazy and after looking at all of these different companies designs I think I now agree with this notion.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Zach, you done a nice write up on what will attract your audience. I think a simple design will attract adolescents, although I'm not sure I agree all teenagers are lazy :P. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete