Friday 9 June 2017

Planning my Final Show

So after we had finally completed our FMP we now had the job to organise and plan our own final year show. This show was to show friends, family and employers what we had done over the past two years at college. This meant that we had to take a lot of thought into what we were going to show and how we were going to present it.

So I decided to talk to my lecturer about some of the many options that I had available to me. We talked about the many things that I could include on my board. I really wanted to get this figured out first because then I could think about how I am going to design my board afterwards.

From the get go I had a plan to make my board focus more on web design and show the examples that I had done in the past. I wanted to do this because it is an area that I really enjoy doing and is something that I want to peruse in the future. This also meant that I could talk to parents and maybe employers about what I had learnt through the years and explain to them the areas I have improved in the most.

Obviously I wanted to show my FMP on my board, but on a computer so people could interact with the site and get a feel for it first hand. Luckily there was internet where we based our final year show but I decided to plan a plan B just encase I didn't have access to it. I also wanted to show my shadow book, I chose to show this because I am very proud of this piece of work and I really had a lot of fun using the laser cutter and designing the whole thing. I also wanted to show my museum leaflet. Even though this wasn't the best thing I had made over the 2 years it is something that I enjoyed doing. Working with an employer and working around the criteria that they gave us was something that we had never done before and I wanted to show people how I did in this area. I also had plans to include my interactive book. However I decided against this further on into the planning. There really wasn't a great deal of content on my interactive book and I really didn't feel like I could talk to people a whole lot about it. So instead I decided to have my 1960s newspaper articles displayed on my board, it still touched on the 1960s project that we did and design articles was another area that I had a whole lot of interest in. Even though there wasn't a whole lot of content to these, they still looked presentable and I still could talk a little bit about them.

So after I had talked to my lecturer I sat down with the content I had and thought that I really wanted to make it clear that web design was something that I had an interest in. I decided that I would include the two websites that I had made in the past as well, due to them both being on Photoshop I thought that I would just take the best pages from each and display them on the board. I could obviously talk to people about these two sites and show people clearly how I have improved over the years.

I also wanted to create my own branding so I made my own logo and made my own business cards. I am very proud with how these turned out and I believe that they look very professional. They stick to the same colour scheme and are very simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment