Friday 23 September 2016

Type and Layout Part 2

Psychedelia is an art style that is influenced by the use of drugs it tries to portray what it looks like while using the selected drugs. Psychedelia is a very colourful wavy sort of art style, it uses very bright but cool colours with a few hot colours to mix, I think this is used to try and make the audience feel calm and safe. Patterns are used quite a lot to try and hypnotise the audience making them feel lost in the colours. Wildlife and humans seem to be some of the only things used in the art style, once again this must be because of how down to earth the art style is.






The type used in most of the images is curvy and does not feature many sharp edges, The colour of the type is also a colour that stands out so it is clear and easy to read and text is usually very thick, making it stick out. However sometime the type is incorporated within an image for example a human or a flower.

For my poster I am going to add my own type of text, it will still stick with the curvy theme. But I will not go for the generic type that is used across all of the posters I have looked at. I have created my own and I feel like it will fit nicely if it were to be put next to another poster that is Psychedelia themed.

No comments:

Post a Comment