Monday 21 September 2015

Colours

Colour Wheel

This time last week we were set a task by Steve to design our own colour wheel using some of the coloured objects we had found around in Bath. This was a very simple task but it really made me think about how little colour there actually is in Bath, it is quite sad really. May colour wheel can be seen here.



















What do certain colours mean to me?

Red

Red has always come across as a quite harsh colour, to me red resembles blood, fire and pain. However some people feel differently when they see red. Red is a very emotionally intense colour. It enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure.

Orange

To me orange has always been quite a nice colour, when I see the colour orange I imagine sunsets, warmth and springiness. Others think of it ait being the colour of joy and creativity.

Yellow

Yellow has always been my favourite colour, I always see it as the colour of happiness and life. Others think of yellow as a colour that produces a warming effect, arouses cheerfulness, stimulates mental activity, and generates muscle energy.

Green

When I see green I think of dirt, mould and dulness. When it comes to picking colours for clothes I want to buy, green is always the last thing on my mind.  Never really found it appealing and nice to the eye. Green is widely thought of as the meanings of growth, harmony, freshness, safety, fertility, and environment.

Blue

Blue makes me feel calm and happy when I see it, it reminds me of the good times. Like when I was on holiday near the sea and the times after school where I would go out on really sunny days with my mates.

Purple

I believe purple can fit with almost any other colour and look nice. When I think of purple I never link it with any moment or object, because it is much more than a simple moment. It's a feeling. Online I found out that blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body and that it slows human metabolism and produces a calming effect.

Pink

The right coloured pink can look very nice, dark pink has always made me feel totally different to a light pink. I think that is because it is closer to purple on the spectrum of things. Another post I found online about the meaning of the colour pink includes that the colour pink is the colour of universal love of oneself and of others.

Where I found the meaning of the colours!

------->Colour Harmory<-------

2 comments:

  1. Hiya, so good, so far. Where's the bit on harmony?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The piece on the effects of colour is written well enough. However, you must cite your sources. If they are web based, use links.

    ReplyDelete